July 1, 2016
I’ve been writing this blog post… in my head, at least… for weeks now. So many grand ideas and thoughts on how I want to portray my business to the world to make a big impact. Many times I’ve sat down at the computer to put those thoughts to words and chickened out. I can’t pinpoint a reason for those nervous feelings but today, on the first anniversary of my business, I’ve decided that there are things I would like my current clients and potential prospects to know about ABM.
Those things include…
- I am a one (wo)man shop. I have the support of Bankers Advertising for many (MANY) aspects of my promotional products business, but my paycheck is 100% dependent on my own efforts.
- I work out of my home. Inside that home lives a husband and two young children. Sometimes, they are home when I am working – sometimes, they are not. Sometimes, a couple of them might even be on my lap. You might hear them in the background of a call. I can promise you… I’m realllly good at tuning them out when I need to (mom humor here).
- I am completely dedicated to this company. Far before I had a husband or kids, I was a multi-tasker and with these new job titles (wife, mom), I’ve only become better at handling multiple things at the same time. I’m not concerned about staying attentive to your needs as a client; I’d like you to trust that you don’t need to be either.
- I want to see my friends, family and clients succeed. If that means I can help you by learning about your business and brainstorming with you, but you ultimately go a different direction, that’s okay with me. If that means I can help you by sourcing your promotional products or managing a project of yours, it’s a bonus. It helps me to work with a variety of new people and industries and usually sparks ideas for other clients along the journey.
- I understand the hustle. Growing up in a household of small business owners and marrying into a family of entrepreneurs, I know all about the blood, sweat and tears that goes into building a business. I know how much you cherish every penny that comes in the door and how careful you have to be about spending dollars on marketing… or, anything. I’m in the same boat and am sensitive to the investment that it takes to promote and grow your brand.
- I love what I do and have first-hand knowledge of how effective promotional products and marketing strategies can be. I am confident there are fun and creative ways to spread your brand’s name within any budget.
I’m sure that moments after I post this blog, I’ll think of a hundred other thought-provoking concepts but I’m happy with this for now. I hope this helps you understand the nuts and bolts of this business and the passion I have for building this business in an ethical and positive way.
Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings and please keep following the journey with me. I’m active on Instagram and Facebook and would love to hear how I can tailor my future product posts on your current brand challenges or client campaigns.